Sunday, November 8, 2009

BIG NEWS!


For those of you who do not know.... I AM PREGNANT!! Shocked? Yes, I know. We were also shocked at the news BUT sooooo excited. We couldn't be more thrilled to welcome our own baby Harker into the world. I am due May 24, putting me in my 12th week of pregnancy.
Thank goodness I am at the end of my first trimester because boy it is rough! I am a wimp when it comes to sickness, especially nauseated sickness. So Brady is ready for a new phase of the pregnancy, haha. Both my mom and my sister were not sick at all their first trimester! How did I get so lucky? I just hope it will ease up soon.
We went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and we were able to see the baby! Oh wow, if you could only have seen Braden's face. It was classic. Cartoon classic jaw drop to the floor and everything. I guess he thought I was faking it all this time? ;) It was wonderful to see that there is actually a little peanut in there with a heart that is beating at full force with arms and legs wiggling along with it. Braden kept saying, "Can you feel that?!" "You can't feel that?!" haha Amazing, amazing, amazing experience. A moment that has been engraved in my memory forever.
So now that baby is on the brain and in my belly, life has already begun to change for our family. My life has changed dramatically! Holy cow. It is the most odd thing in the world to me to have my body take over my life and dictate what I do and, mostly, don't do. My house is embarrassingly grungy and it's driving me nuts! School work is always a struggle to keep up with and sleep is always deprived, especially with those twice-a-night trips to the bathroom- which I know only increase.
Braden has always been wonderful with children and babies, but lately he pays more attention to them when we see them at friends and families home's, at grocery stores, or out and about. He has been wonderful in accommodating to my newly acquired tastes and sleeping patterns. He also gives me much needed massages! I couldn't have asked for a better husband and future father to our children.
So for now we are looking at 2 bedroom apartments and making plans for the future! May will be a big month for us! We have finals, Braden is graduating from college (I'm so proud of him!), and our baby is due!
Honestly, we are loving every second of our life right now. We have been so blessed in countless ways, we couldn't be more grateful for this beautiful surprise gift our Heavenly Father has sent down to us. :) Thank you for all of your love and support, we could not survive without it.



Just wanted to share the moments after we first found out the big news :) WARNING: I go into some detail of what I have been going through, so beware of words such as: boobs.









Enjoy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAAAAY! Cute videos! Oh and Bruno likes Braden's shirt. haha

Heidi Greaves said...

I am due may 24 too! Too bad we aren't neighbors anymore we could have shared all that fun first trimester sickness stuff :)

Liese said...

so excitng! congrats!

The Archuleta's said...

Congrats! There is nothing like being a parent. It's so amazing! May is a great time to have a baby.

RACHELLE said...

you are thee cutest girl ever. you are gonna be just darn adorable with a prego belly!

congrats

A & L said...

that is so exciting! Congrats on your little peanut, you are going to be such a cute mommy!