Friday, February 5, 2010

humble pie


My momma just sent me these two pictures of me, Grandpa and Grandma Skinner.

My Grandma Skinner passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was such a beacon of love and light. When I see her in my mind the only English word that comes to mind is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I know she is so happy to be with her parents and brother who have already passed away.

One day my mom was visiting with her in one of her last days here so her memory was going at this time, my mom was pointing at the pictures around the room and asking my grandma who those people were. My mom came to the picture of Christ, my mom asked her, "Who's that mom?" My grandma sweetly said with a smile, "That's my best friend." Her faith was impeccable and she was the perfect example of keeping the faith through every trial.

May she rest in peace, we all miss her so much.


While these pictures remind me of how much I love my grandma, they also remind me of how cute of a baby I was!!! Wow, I am sorry but I was just too cute. I can't wait to see how much Baby Harker looks like me or Braden.

Braden and I both hope he has my Yoda ears! haha. Aren't they so cute?

Anyone got any humble pie?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Alex has yoda ears and I ADORE them! So excited to see what baby Harker will look like :)

K.D. said...

Yeah, you will go down in history as one of the cutest babies ever...I vote "yes" for yoda ears, we are a fan of ears that make a statement in our household haha

Lillie said...

Oh.... I loved these photos of grandma. I'm so so so sad I couldn't be at the funeral. Seems like a funeral inevitabley brings everyone together.. wish I could have been a part of it. :( Thanks for posting these.

As for how cute you were... I REMEMBER SO WELL! Not when you were a baby baby... but when you were a little tiny thing. 7 or so?? Don't know. I just totally remember you as the CUTE little cousin with the big huge dimples. I hope their passed on!