Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2 months.



This sweet little munchkin is 2 months old. She is just so sweet and so happy. She is growing well and so fast. She has reflux; she and I are constantly covered in spit up but she's still happy. I figured out that she sleeps really well after I have given her a bath. So this baby gets a bath every night. Momma needs her sleep!

The two big kids are doing great with her. May is now completely obsessed with her baby doll. Constantly carrying her baby, the baby's blanket and her play phone around the house. Monkey see, monkey do. May is definitely on her way to terrible 2's. She doesn't listen very well and does not respond to the same disciplining techniques that Leo does. So back to the drawing board. Anyone got any ideas that aren't speaking sternly, swatting on the bum, or timeout? Because none of these work. Also, it's really hard not to laugh when she is completely unfazed by my attempts.

Leo is just the greatest big brother. Almost every morning he comes into my room and asks, "Mom, how's Millie doing? Is she doing okay?" He loves to watch her observe the world and notice when she smiles at him. Leo is in preschool now and adores it. And momma does too. He always comes home covered from head to toe in arts and crafts supplies. Batman and superman still make their daily appearances in our home (shirts, socks, underwear, action figures, towels, books, shows, capes). When I ask Leo what he wants to be when he grows up, his response is, "I want to be bat-kid when I grow up!" Ya done well, Braden, ya done well. Socializing; it works.

Christmas is almost here! We are all done shopping. The first year ever in my life that I actually finished shopping two weeks before Christmas. Let me tell you, it feels great. Braden and I are so giddy anticipating the glee that will come from our children opening their presents. We both keep saying, "We have to wait two weeks to give them their gifts?! I want to give it them now!"
Kids + Christmas = FUN FUN FUN


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally agree about christmas. I'm dying to give my kids their presents and see their happy faces. Millie is so cute, congrats!

Mandy said...

leah its mandy alms!!! i cant believe its been so long!! you and your family are absolutely gorgeous!!! congrats on your new little one- you have so much to be proud of!:)