Friday, May 22, 2009

Vampires and Werewolves

Braden: "Do you wanna play vampires and wolves today?"
Leah: "Sure how do you play?
Braden: "I'm the vampire and I win."
Leah: "That makes me the werewolf?"
Braden: "Yup you lose, I win."


This was a conversation Braden and I had via text messaging this morning while he was at work. hahaha. I have been anti-Twilight for a long time now, but I decided to give in over our trip to Seattle. It's totally ridiculous, plays into every female fantasy of what men are like in their dreams. Which is why I can't put the dumb thing down!!! Braden always teases me about it and then 20 minutes later he'll ask, "So what's happening now?!" haha. He's addicted too! He will never admit it and it's a good thing he never looks at our blog. He would probably be upset I just exposed his secret.

I am taking a rhetorical criticism class this summer and I can't wait to start my paper on why this series is so appealing to women of all ages. I just can not comprehend why this series has become such a phenomenon. Stephanie Meyer, the author, isn't even a good writer!

I know, call me a hypocrite because I have fallen in the bandwagon but if I am going to write this paper then I have to do thorough research! right? Right, so now that I have just finished the second book last night, I can now move onto the third. It's just for research though, I swear.

7 comments:

Marti Hawker said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I told you you would like it!!

saramoon said...

You are going to have to read some of the books I gave you just to detox from literary crap.

scottymoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scottymoon said...

Follow this link and listen to a really interesting interview with a BYU professor.

It's about how so many LDS authors are producing young-adult novels... like Twilight.

Link to interview:
http://www.hereandnow.org/stand-alone-player/?fileUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bu.edu%2Fwbur%2Fstorage%2F2009%2F04%2Fhereandnow_0429_5.mp3&fileTitle=Mormons%20and%20Young%20Adult%20Literature

Link to source page for interview:
http://www.hereandnow.org/2009/04/rundown-429/

♥jada said...

That conversation sounds so Brady! I never thought I would like the books either and the more I read them the crazier I became. Watch out! Although, I am proud to say that I didn't see the movie until about a month ago.

Lillie said...

I'm glad you caved, Leah. Luckily, I read the first one before they got big so I didn't know I was getting into a teenage romance... it was just given to me by a friend at the right time and as you know... no matter how smart we think we are, once you start, you can't stop.

I made Ross read The Host. That's supposed to be a secret too. Our poor husbands... with blogs, their secrets don't stand a chance.

Thanks for finding me on facebook... now with this.. we'll be in touch! I love it.

The Potter Family said...

The 3rd book is my favorite-but I totally agree...she isn't even a good writer! It's just so publicized.
It is a confusing thing...you can't help but get sucked in!