Thursday, November 18, 2010

6 months + spokane.




I can't believe I am typing this. My little Leo is 6 months old!

This past week, I swear he has grown by leaps and bounds. Stats: 17.5 lbs (50th percentile). 26 inches long (50th percentile). head circumference- I can't remember but I do remember he was in the 40th percentile. So his head may appear large but it's actually not!

Not only has he grown physically but intellectually! He is very curious about everything around him. Reaching for everything. Of course it all goes straight to his mouth.

He is also starting to play with the concept of pushing himself up onto his knees and hands! No no no no no crawling! Mom and Dad are not ready!

Last week he decided that he no longer wants mom to rock him to sleep anymore. Which is so sad, just another manifestation that he is growing up. He arches his back and begins to fuss if I rock back and forth.

He still does not sleep through the night. Leo is waking up about once a night to eat. Doctor says there is nothing wrong with it. He says if Leo is hungry then keep feeding him and that he is still young. I don't mind it, it's kind of a part of my life now. I wake up at 3 am every night whether he is up yet or not. Darn you internal alarm clock. But it would be nice to sleep through the night again. I might decide to change that eating schedule soon.

He can basically sit up all by himself now. He is a little dangerous in that Bumbo. He likes to head dive out of it. He just did it right now... no joke.

A new game! I put his binkie in my mouth, Leo stares at it confused, takes it from me and puts it in his. It's really too cute.

Also, while he is playing on his own in his bumbo or his jumpy chair (our new fun toy!), he will pause and look around the room to find us and once he does, he gets soooo excited. As if he is saying to himself, "This is so fun, Mom and Dad should come play with me too. Where are they?" (looks around the room) "There you are! Look at how much fun this is!!"

Leo likes to do this laugh. But it's not a belly laugh it's more like a courtesy laugh. It might be in one the videos I have uploaded. He does it quite often. Braden claims he gets it from me and all I can say to that is I get it from my mom! haha.

Sometimes I can't take how much love, happiness, and cuteness this little bundle of joy exudes. I mean honestly, I think it's so much deeper than we mortals can understand. It is divine.

Last week we went to Spokane, WA. Braden had training there for work and I decided to go along. It was nice to go somewhere I had never been before. Oh yah and they had three malls! That's three more than my town. After going to each of the malls twice, Leo and I got pretty bored. Three days in Spokane would have been plenty, we were there for nine!

On the positive side, our hotel was right next to River Front Park. And the fall colors were beautiful. (see Leo and fall leaves photos above). It was really nice to walk around the river.

Thanks to my sister and bro-in-law's suggestion we went to the Wolf Lodge Inn. It's about 45 minutes away from Spokane in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. It doesn't seem like anything special. In order to get there we drove down this tiny, two lane, windy road. There is nothing around it, probably for miles. Inside there is a huge fireplace with a blazing fire going. It was so warm and cozy. It felt like a comfy cabin in nowhere land. Oh and then there was their steaks. They are cooked over an open fire and they are HUGE portions. Let's just say that was the BEST filet mignon I have ever tasted. Oh man my mouth is watering just thinking about it! YUMMMMMMMMMMM. The highlight of our trip to Spokane by far!

Sorry about the ridiculously long post. If you have made this far, CONGRADULATIONS!
Oh and today it's snowing. Our first snow. I am not looking forward to winter with a baby but I must say that it is absolutely beautiful outside!

5 comments:

Lee Family said...

Ahh you all look so great! Reese was looking at them and said, "Oh look at my other little brother Leo! He's so cute and big. I bet he misses me." Cute huh? Then she said, "oh no, he stole Jacks bumbo!...he better give that back!" lol We all miss you guys so much. LOVE YOU!

The Potter Family said...

Those pictures you took of all the fall colors are incredible! Just looking at your blog made me want to go get a hot chocolate and a fuzzy blanket. (OH WAIT, both kids are needing me right now...back to reality.) ;)
Leo is a doll.

Morgan said...

Leo is soooooooo killer cute!!!!!!!!!!! gosh i just love him so much! Alex used to live in Cour'd'lene (can't remember if that is how it is speelled). So lucky you got to go there, it is BEAUTIFUL! Missing you! lets skype asap!

love you!

Mandy said...

yeah! I can't believe your baby is 6 months either- it looks like you guys are such good parents- can't wait for mine!

Amy said...

gorgeous pictures!