Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lately






I was able to go to Girl's Camp a couple of weeks ago because I have recently been called into the Young Women's Presidency. I had an awesome time getting close to all the girls, we had a blast. Girl's camp in Utah is a little different than what girl's camp was in Cali. In Cali, we had cabins and a cafeteria...spoiled. In Salt Lake it is REAL camping, we set up our own tents, cook our own meals, make fire, and fetch our own water. I was a little nervous but I actually liked it much better. All the girls had to help with chores around camp and it made us a little family.


Then this past weekend Brady and I headed down to Fillmore to have a big family get together for the 4th. The first night we went golfing with the boys. I didn't do so good but you know it was my 2nd time in life. As you can see I failed to pull out my camera for the rest of the weekend. But it was a blast.
The 4th of July parade in Fillmore is hilarious. All of the wards made a float and the Stake Presidency was on a float as well. Probably the only place in America where that happens. The firework show that evening was interesting. That was the closest I had ever been to fireworks and I didn't feel completely comfortable with that. I will say that it was cool to be able to lay on the grass and look up and my night sky was completely filled with color. But the wind shifted half way through and then came the rain of shrapnel (sp?). I was done after that, then we are walking back to the car as the finale is going off and the last firework that was set off, instead of going straight up, it went out towards the baseball fields where all the crowds were. I felt like I was watching Armageddon unfold right in front of me. I am not sure if anyone got hurt but it was extermely scary.
Needless to say, the weekend was a great time. We had a great time catching up with the Martin side of the family and playing with all the grandkids.

3 comments:

Marti Hawker said...

It was a ton of fun. :)

Alex and Morgan said...

Hey cute girl!!! Looks like lots of fun. when i saw the pic of you golfing i was like WOWOWOWOW i didn't know leah was a golfer. Love yah!!! oh, i want to forward you and email my mom just sent me with the updates about my family- all very funny. ciao!!!

JoshSuselJames said...

Girls camp was awesome!! I’m glad we got to go together